You are now in the main content area

In December 2022 the Student Guide website will be removed, to consolidate information and streamline your search results. This change will be implemented in a phased approach as content is relocated and links are updated. 


How do I declare my major? How do I transfer to another Toronto Met program? How do I withdraw from my program?

calendar archives , opens in new window

The complete list of programs and majors is published in the undergraduate calendar.

Changing majors (plan changes)

Many programs at Toronto Met offer you a choice of major. Before trying to change your Plan/Major, read the information for your program in the Undergraduate Calendar , opens in new window .

Some programs have specific plan change requirements, which may include a minimum CGPA. Your Program Department will notify you after winter grading if you do not meet your chosen plan’s criteria. Most programs allow you to change your Plan on RAMSS. Login to RAMSS, choose "My Academics" and follow the links.

The RAMSS Support webpage gives you detailed instructions about how to change your major. You are only permitted to make one Plan/Major change from one plan to another online through your RAMSS account.

For any further Plan/Major changes, you will need to consult with your program department and submit a PDF file Plan Change Form to your Program Department for approval.

Once your request has been approved and processed, you will be able to verify the plan change on your unofficial transcript in your Student Centre in RAMSS.

Changing programs

You can only register in one Toronto Met degree program (including Special Student studies) at any given time. When you apply for, are offered and accept a transfer from one Toronto Met program to another, you give up your "spot" in your original program.

If you wish to transfer to another program, apply through Undergraduate Admissions, following the process for current Toronto Met Students.

Tip: Changing programs will affect your OSAP funding. You must report program transfers to the Student Financial Assistance Office.

Program withdrawal

Stepping out for one year or less: If you wish to take a short formal break from your studies at Toronto Met for the the current academic term or for future academic terms, please submit a Short-Term Withdrawal Request .

The final deadline date to submit a Short-Term Withdrawal Request is the last day to drop and/or withdraw from a program (no refund). These deadline dates can be found in the Significant Dates section of the current Undergraduate Calendar .

Consult Timespan on how taking a short break from your studies counts towards  your allotted time to complete your program

Permanently leaving Toronto Met: If your Academic Standing is Clear or Probationary, but you wish to voluntarily and permanently withdraw from studies at Toronto Met, due to  financial, health, personal, academic or other reasons, then you must submit a Permanent Withdrawal Request . The final deadline date to submit a Permanent Withdrawal Request is the last day to withdraw from a program (no refund). Please refer to the Significant Dates section of the current Undergraduate Calendar .

You will be assigned failing grades for all enrolled courses that you do not complete unless you officially, formally withdraw. You are responsible for all associated course fees. Your Academic Standing may also be affected. In short, it is best to make your withdrawal official.

Students whose Academic Standing is Permanent Program Withdrawal or Required to Withdraw are not required to submit a Permanent Withdrawal Request.

Program withdrawal checklist

  • Check the Significant Date Table and the Refund Schedule
  • Meet with your Program Department to discuss your decision
  • Return all library books and borrowed equipment and pay all unpaid fines
  • Submit a Short-Term or Permanent Program Withdrawal Request
  • If you are receiving Financial Assistance or OSAP, tell the Student Financial Assistance Office that you are withdrawing from your program.
  • Consult the OneCard Refund Policy on refunds of OneCard funds
  • If you are living in Residence, consult your Residence Contract for information about refunds.

Program discontinuation

If you do not enrol into and complete a course for six or more consecutive terms, your student status will be discontinued. You will no longer be active in your program. Discontinued students, who wish to resume studies, must apply for re-admission to Toronto Met and/or their program of study through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment. Re-admission is not guaranteed. Students will be notified of their change in status. 

Quick Links 

浩方电竞赛表APP v2.5 lol英雄联盟直播新版v0.7 江湖电竞(南宁)赛表赛事 玩嘉电竞抽注APP v0.8 lpl电竞比分注册APP v2.6(lpl电竞选手下载v3.1版) 宝博电竞积分排榜