You are now in the main content area

In December 2022 the Student Guide website will be removed, to consolidate information and streamline your search results. This change will be implemented in a phased approach as content is relocated and links are updated. 


Tell your instructor as soon as conditions arise that are likely to affect your academic performance. If you plan to file an appeal, be sure to carefully follow the PDF file appeal procedures . Help is available.

You must let your instructor or the teaching or program department know as soon as circumstances arise that are likely to affect your academic performance. It is also your responsibility to try to resolve all course related issues with the instructor as soon as they occur and then, if needed, with the Chair/Director of the teaching department/school.

Failure to do so may jeopardize a later appeal.

Two types of appeals

  1. Grade Appeal : Submit your grade appeal to the (first level of appeal) teaching department/school that offered the course through the online appeal portal link .
    (Submit grade appeals for all Chang School courses to The Chang School, and the appropriate Program Director will coordinate the response with the appropriate department).
  2. Academic Standing Appeal : Submit your academic standing appeal to (the first level of appeal), your program department/school, through the online appeal portal link .


You may file grade and academic standing appeals based on one or more specific grounds (reasons):

  1. Extenuating Circumstances;
  2. Course Management;
  3. Procedural Error; and
  4. Prejudice ( based on one or more of the grounds protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code.)

Course Management may only be considered as grounds for grade (but not Academic Standing) appeals. Except for Procedural Error, you cannot introduce a new ground at higher appeal levels.

Consult  PDF file Policy 168: Academic Grade and Standing Appeals for detailed definitions of these grounds.

Appeal levels

Students may begin the appeal process when all options for an informal resolution have been exhausted.

  1. Department Level : All appeals start at the Department/School Level.
  2. Faculty Level : Students who wish to appeal the decision of the Department/ School must do so to the Dean of the Faculty.
  3. Senate Level : Students who wish to appeal the decision of the Faculty must do so to the Senate Appeals Committee. Decisions of the Senate Appeals Committee are final.

Consult the Significant Dates Table for Appeal deadlines. Timing is key – appeal deadlines are strictly enforced and you must submit the correct documentation and evidence. It is strongly recommended that you seek support and advice through a RSU or CESAR advocate when filing an appeal.

See Senate  PDF file Policy 168: Grade and Standing Appeals for detailed instructions, definitions, and procedures.

Help with appeals

Student Group Contact
Full-time undergraduate and graduate program students Academic Advocacy at the Toronto Met Students’ Union , external link, opens in new window (416 979 5255 ext. 2322)
Part-time undergraduate program and Chang School students Student Rights Coordinator , external link, opens in new window at the Continuing Education Student Association of Toronto Met (416-979-5000, ext. 7056).
All students may contact The Centre for Student Development and Counselling , opens in new window (416-979-5195) or the Ombudsperson , opens in new window (416-979-5000, ext. 7450)

Quick Links 

浩方电竞赛表APP v2.5 lol英雄联盟直播新版v0.7 江湖电竞(南宁)赛表赛事 玩嘉电竞抽注APP v0.8 lpl电竞比分注册APP v2.6(lpl电竞选手下载v3.1版) 宝博电竞积分排榜