Is It for You?
This one-of-a-kind program is designed to let you tap into your passion for music and equip you with the skills to thrive in the modern music industry. Develop your creativity and business savviness for careers in digital audio recording, live entertainment, entrepreneurship and other roles across the music industry. The program exposes you to rich and diverse experiences, including music fundamentals, studio and live production and the business of music. Located in the heart of the Canadian music industry, you will gain access to modern studios and facilities as well as exciting internship possibilities with industry stakeholders and cutting-edge startups.
Full Time: Four Year
Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours)
Recorded demo, video, essay, resumé, reference letters, interview when requested
Stay Connected with Our Community
Our student ambassadors are on board to give you a taste of all that 日博电竞登录下载靠谱 University (TMU) has to offer. Learn about the city of Toronto, transitioning to university, the student experience and more!
What You Need to Know
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2023 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Tuition and Fees 2022/2023
Domestic Ontario Students Fees Range:
$7,103 - $7,821
Domestic Out-of-Province Students Fees Range: $7,600 - $8,328
International Students Fees Range: $31,841 - $32,453
For detailed fees information visit Tuition and Fees by Program .
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U required)
- The minimum grade required in the subject prerequisite (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at: Admission Requirements .
Non-Academic Requirements for fall 2023 are coming soon! Please use the following instructions from fall 2022 as a temporary guide and check back here soon for updates.
In addition to meeting competitive academic requirements, you are required to submit the following non-academic requirements. Your ability to follow and adhere to the requirements is part of the assessment of your application.
Your non-academic requirements are due by February 1, 2022 or 10 business days from your application submission date, whichever comes later.
Prepare a current resumé/curriculum vitae highlighting education, musical experience, work experience, volunteer experience, and extracurricular activities.
Please save your resumé as a .pdf file.
We're looking for students who are truly passionate about music. This program is not only for aspiring musicians or performance artists. If you want to be a DJ, a sound engineer, a band manager, an event producer, a music entrepreneur or any of the many roles in the music scene, this is the right program for you. Note, however, that this program will expose you to music production and the music-making process.
As a part of your application, please submit a demo of original recorded material; a music DIY project you created; an explanation of the creative process behind a music project; or a creative idea that you hope to execute as a student at 日博电竞登录下载靠谱 University. It can be a single piece or a compilation containing a solo performance, a group/band performance, electronic music, beat, a production or arrangement, or any other musical project that you have worked on, in any genre, style or capacity or would like to create in the Professional Music program. This demo is your opportunity to present your musical identity. It is a chance for you to show us your passions and experiences in music. Demos should not exceed five minutes in length. They can be submitted in audio or video formats. To support your demo, please be sure to explain your creative decision-making process within your 500 word essay (also a part of your application ).
Use YouTube or Google Drive to show us your work. Please provide a link to your work in a .pdf file and upload this file (see Submission Instructions below).
Please compose a one page statement ( up to 500 words ) about the genre you chose for your demo, its historical antecedents, musical structure, and what about this genre attracts you and others to it.
Please save your written statement as a .pdf file.
Reference Forms are a requirement for admission consideration. Two forms must be completed and submitted:
- One must be from a current or past academic reference (e.g. guidance counsellor, teacher, professor). This form is titled “Academic Reference 1” in the ChooseTMU applicant portal.
- One reference should be from a collaborator, supervisor, or employer — this can be any individual who works with you in a musical or professional capacity. This form is titled “Reference 2” in the ChooseTMU applicant portal.
Submission instructions are found below.
The non-academic requirements assessment fee is $50 CDN and must be paid in order for your submission to be reviewed. Here’s how to pay:
Access your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal account (instructions to access the portal can be found below under Submission Instructions ).
Click on the button to link to the eForms Centre .
Next, click on the eForms Centre tile.
Then click on the Non-Academic Fee Form link.
Applicants are required to submit all components of their non-academic requirements via the ChooseTMU Applicant Portal . Due to the volume of applications received and our system performance, we strongly encourage you to submit your documents well in advance of the noted deadlines.
Here’s how to access your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal account:
- Get your TMU Student Number in the email acknowledgement of your application
- Activate your TMU Online Identity. Fill in the Activation Form on the Accounts website. When asked for your Student/Applicant ID, enter your nine-digit TMU Student Number. Keep a record of your user name and password
- 24 hours after activating your TMU Online Identity, visit the ChooseTMU Applicant Portal
Instructions on how to upload documents, as well as common questions and answers, can be found on our Ready to Submit Your Documents? web page.
Complete the following steps to submit your Reference Forms:
- Input your references’ contact information via the ChooseTMU Applicant Portal . Please ensure that all reference information is inputted accurately. If you wish to amend your reference information (e.g. change reference, change email address) please complete and submit the google form Upload Help Form , external link, opens in new window .
- Have your references complete the Reference Form. Your references will receive an email giving access to the Reference Form and instructions. If a reference has not received the email, please ask your reference to review their “trash” or “junk mail.” To request that the email be sent again, please complete and submit the google form Upload Help Form , external link, opens in new window .
- Confirm that your references have completed the Reference Form. A Reference Form is complete once its status on the ChooseTMU Applicant Portal indicates “Received.” It is your responsibility to ensure each reference completes their Reference Form by the noted deadline.
Graduates may work as entrepreneurs; in production or at a music label; as a talent manager; marketing and communications; in live entertainment; or audio recording.
Explore 日博电竞登录下载靠谱 University's unique urban campus in the heart of downtown Toronto from the comfort of your own home!