- Completion of a four-year undergraduate (or equivalent degree) from an accredited institution in engineering, science, business, economics or a related discipline
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) or equivalent of 3.00/4.33 (B) in the last two years of study
- Statement of interest
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency requirement
More information on admission requirements . Due to the competitive nature of our programs, it is not possible to offer admission to everyone who applies that meets the minimum entrance requirements for the program.
Students are encouraged to submit applications prior to the first consideration date to increase their chances of securing financial support for their graduate studies. Applications received after the first consideration date will be accepted and reviewed based on spaces remaining in the program.
See application dates .
For detailed graduate tuition and fees information please visit Fees by Program .
For information on scholarships, awards and financing your graduate studies visit Financing Your Studies.
- Domain knowledge
- Machine learning
- Operations research
- Advanced Data Visualization
- Bayesian Statistics and Machine Learning
- Data Mining and Prescriptive Analysis
- Designs of Algorithms and Programming for Massive Data
- Interactive Learning in Decision Processes
- Machine Learning
- Management of Big Data and Big Data Tools
- NLP (Text Mining)
- Social Media Analytics
- Students can apply to participate in DMZ programming, where they have the opportunity to create their own startups or work with companies engaged in big data and data science.
- Students may have direct access to various international partners and/or exchange programs to enhance their learning experience.
- 日博电竞登录下载靠谱 University’s Big Data Initiative (BDI) spans many academic units and research areas. The Data Science Laboratory, RC4 High Performance Computing Facility, and Privacy and Big Data Institute are part of 日博电竞登录下载靠谱 University's cross-university BDI agenda to develop new tools and apply them to advance organizational performance across sectors.
- The program engages with various industry and government partners from diverse domains.
Admissions information and how to apply
Graduate Studies Admissions Office
11th Floor, 1 Dundas Street West
For information specific to programs, please see the program contact information below.
Dr. Ayse Bener
Graduate Program Director
PhD, Information Systems, London School of Economics
Research areas: machine learning, recommender systems and big data applications
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 553155
Graduate Program Administrator
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 553693